Saturday, January 11, 2014

Grace...it's personal


Habbakuk 3: 3 says the splendour of the Lord 'covers the heavens, and the earth is full of His praise.'

I have personally experienced the truth of those words on a recent family camping holiday at the beach, staying at a beautiful place near Narooma, on the the south coat of NSW.

I have already shared in a recent post how the ceaseless, rolling waves impacted me with the truth of the relentless love of God toward me. I give thanks to the Lord for He is Good; His Love endures forever. Hallelujah!

For the last few days of our stay I rose early and spent first light sitting on the beach enjoying the peace of the rolling waves of the love of God. As I walked I was so impacted by what I saw and I feel to share it with you.
Take a look at this photo...


The photo was taken in the early morning first light so it is a little hard to see as I saw as I took this photo but the thing that impacted me was the fact that the beach was unmarked. By the end of each day the beach would be covered with the footprints of the many people who came to enjoy the beach but first thing there was not a mark on the beach as if it had been swept clean overnight.

The earth is indeed 'full of His praise.' Even the pristine beach in the early morning speaks of Him and His unending grace toward us.
This particular morning as I looked at the smooth, clean beach I was touched by the truth expressed in Lamentations 3 : 22 - 24...
'The Lord's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. "The Lord is my portion," says my soul. "Therefore I have hope in Him."
What a beautiful truth.
Every morning the Lord's never ceasing lovingkindness and His compassions are NEW!
Why?
Because of my doing?
Because I am faithful?
No.
Simply because 'Great is Your faithfulness!"
His lovingkindness and compassion, His Grace, His unmerited favour toward me is founded on the rock of Jesus Christ, the faithful One, the One in whom is my Hope, for 'He is my portion, therefore I have hope in Him.'

Beloved, His Grace is personal to you...His Grace has a name and His name is Jesus Christ. In Him you are favoured beyond what you can even imagine. As I looked at that pristine beach I considered His word that says,
And He [that is, the Lord] said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.' 2 Corinthians 12: 8
His Grace is sufficient, it is enough; whatever your situation, whatever your lack, whatever your illness, whatever your need His Grace is sufficient. Paul, the writer in these verses, goes on to say that he would rather boast in his weaknesses so that the power of Christ may dwell in him. What is he saying? A life handed to the Grace of God believing that He is able is one in which the power of God is fully manifest. Law says you must do it, Grace declares it is already done in the finished work of Jesus Christ...and it is NEW every morning. You can be reminded of this by taking a walk along the beach at first light any morning.
'...the earth is full of His praise.'


Give thanks to the Lord for He is Good. 
Hallelujah! 
His Love, Mercy and Grace endure forever and ever, for me, for my family and for WTL. 
Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment