Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Cambodia - Monday 1st October 2012

I was drawn to Psalm 91 this morning and it is more than worth sharing with you.
'He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress, My God, in whom I trust!"
For it is He who delivers you from the snare of the trapper, and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with His pinions, and under His wings you may seek refuge; His faithfulness is a shield and a bulwark.' Psalm 91: 1 - 4
'For you have made the Lord, my refuge, even the Most High your dwelling place.
No evil will befall you, nor will any plague come near your tent.' Psalm 91: 9, 10
'Because he has loved Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him securely on high, because he has known My name.
He will call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him, and honour him.
With a long life I will satisfy him, and let him behold My salvation.' Psalm 91: 14 - 16
 
Beautiful day today. No rain and quite cool by Cambodian standards.
This morning we met for a gospel 'celebration' at Sam Boub Meas Village, Sneang Commune, Barnoun District, Battambang Province.
We shared the gift of God with the people and sixty-five souls were gathered into the Kingdom of God. Praise the Lord. We prayed with many sick people and the Lord was present to heal. One man came forward with a finger that he was unable to move. We prayed and anointed it with oil and he walked away wriggling his finger. God is good all the time.
For lunch we went down to a local dam. This place is beautiful but the history is very sad. The people were forced to construct this dam by Pol Pot and many, many people died here. We took a short boat ride on a local fishing boat out onto the lake. It was very tranquil.
In the afternoon we travelled to On Derk 11 Village, Ratsmey Sanghat Commune, Sdo District, Battambang Province. This celebration was held in the middle of the road. Sited at a crossroads the shelters and the chairs comletely blocked the road. It was really funny to drive up and see that we had totally taken over the road. There is a small church of five in this place. The Lord increased the local Christian congregation by one hundred and fifty! Ninety-three adults and fifty-seven children. A number of people came forward to receive the abundant grace of God in healing. One man came with a injured back and danced his way back to his chair swivelling his hips like Elvis! The Lord is mighty and so gracious and loving. It is such a pleasure to watch Him work.
I am feeling very weary tonight so I will finish here. The Lord gives sleep to those He loves so I receive from His hand of abundant grace a great night's sleep.
Thank you for your prayer and support.
Blessings to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment